Environmentally Friendly Process
- We use non-toxic, environmentally friendly, water based pigment inks which embed into the fabric, making your printed design water resistant. Pigment inks have good light fastness which makes them ideal for curtains, cushions, wall hangings etc.
- We do not steam or wash your printed fabrics – it is not required with our printing process – so we use far less electricity and water than many other fabric printing methods.
We recommend that you dry clean your Lacuna Press fabrics. Please note though that harsh “perc” (*perchloroethylene) dry cleaning chemicals can fade fabrics, and even change colours. We recommend using the widely available GreenEarth Dry Cleaning, which is gentler to your fabric, safer for your health, and 100% non-toxic to the environment.
*Percholorethylene is a petrochemical based chemical solvent which is potentially hazardous to the environment and can also fade colours, melt sequins and embellishments, and change the shape of your garments.
If you choose (at your own risk) to wash your Lacuna Press fabrics, please follow our instructions below to achieve best results.
Washing completed items inside-out helps tremendously with preserving colour especially along crease lines and folds. For flat items, containing them inside a cloth bag before putting them into the machine will have the same effect. It is agitation on that first wash, rather than temperature, which can cause a problem with pigment printed fabric.
Washing Lacuna Press Fabrics
- Before you first wash it, dry iron the printed face of your fabric at the hottest temperature compatible with that fabric (it’s easiest to do this before you cut and sew).
- Turn your printed item inside out and/or contain it inside a drawstring fabric bag.
- Use a washing detergent that contains no phosphates (brighteners).
- Do not use fabric conditioner.
- Use a gentle machine cycle or wash gently by hand.
Some shrinkage may occur when our fabrics are washed.